• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Return of the CAOS Puzzles?

Started by EvilAndrew, 2005-08-05T10:31:08-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

Do you remember the CAOS Puzzles?  This weekend I am going to start revamping them to allow users to solve the old ones again.  I will also begin adding the last five (V, W, X, Y, and Z).  My original plan, was to fix all the puzzles at once and post a notice on this site.  However, fixing each puzzle will take some time (particularly if I want to users to verify their answers).  So my new plan is to fix them gradually and let people know when each puzzle becomes available.  

The reason I am posting this is to ask the CAOS community about three issues.

1. Are the CAOS puzzles appropriate content for this site?
I consider myself a computer geek and I like logic puzzles so I naturally assume that other like-minded individuals appreciate them.  However, you know what they say about assumptions.

2. Want do people think about adding another RSS feed for the puzzles at the bottom of the CAOS Page?
The up sides to this are that I will not clog the forums with any more puzzle related messages and the announcements will happen automatically.  The down side is that it might set a bad precedent for people linking from the main CAOS page to their personal websites.

3. In the future, when the puzzles are completed, corrected, and self-contained; does CAOS want to host them?
I am not sure how I feel about this one myself.  I like the hits to my site that the puzzles bring in, but I did originally implement the puzzles for the entertainment of the CAOS community and they are likely to survive on this site longer than on my site.

derrickb52

I think they're at least appropriate content, since they are pretty unique to SIUE...

raptor

I can agree that they are approprate content
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Brad Nunnally

I think this is a great idea. The rss feed would be real cool. It gets my ok.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

William Grim

I think the puzzles are a good idea and are appropriate content.  Another RSS feed would be cool... it'll make that section of CAOS more useful.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley