• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Visual Studio 2005 Launch Information

Started by Brad Nunnally, 2005-10-31T11:35:48-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Nunnally

Well, since the poll ended up being even on the two fridays, I am going to make the second friday, November 18th, as the day for the launch. The reason for this is due to the fact that the I haven't gotten the launch kit yet and we received an email stating that some things might be missing and will come later. So to make sure everything gets here in time I will use that later date.

The general flow of the event will be an install fest of Visual Studio 2005 for CS majors and any express edition non-CS majors would like to have. I will provide the cd's with the express editions on them to be used. The sign up for this semesters programming contest will be there to with the final version of the problem set and information about the documentation for the card game.

There will be a short movie that will be shown that deals with the launch of VS2005, and demos of the new studio with code that is provided. All the code that is demoed will be available to anyone that wants it through cd's that I will have.

The door prizes I have this time are 5 boxed copies of VS2005 and SQL Server 2005. Also, 5 free MS exam vouchers, 5 books give away, 2 of which will be able to be picked by the winner, and a copy of Office 2003 and Digital Suite. General goodies will be available as well.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can add to make it better  or any questions either post here or drop me an email at siue.msa@gmail.com.

P.S. Soda and Pizza will be there to  ;-)
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Geoff Schreiber

Will this be more of an evening event so that those of us who work during the day can attend?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

Brad Nunnally

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that. I am shooting for around 6 or 7 start time. I will have to work during the day that day too, so I understand. Hopefully I will be able to pull off the 6 or than the 7. This should be atleast a two hour thing, so there is plenty of time to come and get some stuff.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Former CAOS Hooligan

raptor

Is there anyway I can bribe you to get what I want. I have a good looking g/f if you want to borrow her.  But don't bring her back with any dents or scratches.  And fill the tank when your done.

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Tyler

Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Brad Nunnally

Small problem, it seems that the people putting together the launch kits screwed up for the second time. The stuff that will arrive for the launch on the 18th will be everything mentioned except the box versions of VS2005, and the exam vouchers. These things will come, so here is my question to you. Would you rather I give out IOU for these things, or save them as give outs for the program competition/tech talk that will happen at the end of the semester? It doesn't really matter to me, so let me hear your opinions.

On a side note, I am really hoping that come spring semester some of the problems I have been having this semester with getting stuff will be fixed. They have been doing a lot of changes to the program this year compared to years of the past. Thank you for your patience though.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Former CAOS Hooligan

raptor

I say IOU's mainly because I'm like an impatient 5 year old who opens his toy the minute he gets in the car.  If you give out IOU's then we'll have them as soon as possible.  Now about my bribe....
President of CAOS

Brad Nunnally

Quoteraptor wrote:
I say IOU's mainly because I'm like an impatient 5 year old who opens his toy the minute he gets in the car.  If you give out IOU's then we'll have them as soon as possible.  Now about my bribe....

Sorry I only accept bribes of the monetary value with lots of zero's.  :-D
Brad Ty Nunnally
Former CAOS Hooligan

raptor

How about i give you

*start binary*
*end binary*

dollars.
President of CAOS