• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Bush sucks.

Started by Jarod Neuner, 2004-04-05T22:12:28-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarod Neuner

Hey peeps, this be Jarod Neuner - I finally got off my lazy bum and registered on here.

Anyhow, I wanted to share a browsing error I made while checking out Kerry vs. Bush stuff. Check out http://www.whitehouse.org if ya haven't already. It's got some funny shit in it ;p

I especially liked this.

Cyas wednesday.
Jarod......

Stiffler

What, you don't have this site listed in the links section on your website :-P We had a political thread a while ago.

Anyways, that is a funny link. It's kinda like The Onion.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Jarod Neuner

I'll get there. aside from blog postings I haven't modified my website in months...
Jarod......

Chris Swingler

Welcome to the forum, Jarod.

I think you'd be interested in the Bush/Orwell 2004 site, too. :D

Also, you should go take a look through my personal links, as I keep that full of interesting political/technology stuff.

And, as much as I love to debate politics, it is off-topic for this site.  We need a "Lounge."  But until something better comes along, well, this will have to make do. :)
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

William Grim

Good idea about the Lounge.  I just created one for everyone to use.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

DaleDoe

I liked that Bush/Orwell site.  I should've been a comedian.  :usflag:  American politics would make the job so easy.  Getting slightly off of our (off-) topic, I would like to offer up some opinion:

For those of you like me who do not care for either major candidate, I urge you to vote independent.  For who?  It doesn't really matter.  This year my vote is to send a message to politicians that I'm fed up with the normal Democrat/Republican "cookie-cutter" politics.  I want to see some political diversity and independent thought rather than be spoon-fed the lies of both parties along with my dinner when I sit down to eat and watch TV.  "My opponent wants to kill the elderly and eat your children.  I'm [insert candidate here] and I approved this lie."  It makes me sick!  Does anybody care about issues that matter to the people, or would they rather just spin lies?

In the words of a dear friend of mine, if you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil.  
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Stiffler

QuoteIn the words of a dear friend of mine, if you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil.

Is that written on the back cover of your notebook? :-P

Although, I do agree with what you say about the major candidates.

I would have replied earlier, but I was upgrading my kernel to version 2.6.5-love1, and darn it's fast. Firefox opens in under a second, where it took 4-6 seconds with 2.6.2-Development_Sources.

Which brings to mind a comparison. From your staement, Dale, you can call the major candidates Microsoft Windows XP, because they are full of promises, but once they take root, they crash and burn you with lies, decites and take your money away with endless updates. The Independent Candidtates can be compared to Linux -- The lesser known guys that just wants to make a difference and do something better. :-D

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Jarod Neuner

In the past, I agree with you completely. This time around, I really do think I like Kerry tho. Maybe I just think his daughter is kinda hot. Or at least cuter than [img align=right]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/West/03/11/mother.charged.ap/story.rowland.ap.jpg[/img]her. --->
Speaking of Windows bashing, if ya live on campus ya might wanna go check out http://www.siue.edu/TECHALERT sooner than later, cause this worm is kickin the campus network's collective butt. I only warned OIT about it last Friday...?  :-?
Jarod......

DaleDoe

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Jarod Neuner

Good stuff. I think I'm gonna order an Enron/Halliburton sticker
Jarod......

Chris Swingler

Even worse:
http://chak.org/pages/onion/bush_nightmare.html

Old Onion article from 2001, with links to current news articles scattered about.

It is a sad day when satire becomes reality.
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator