• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Quake III install

Started by Ryan Lintker, 2002-09-09T12:46:43-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Lintker

I've had success installing and running the Linux version of Quake III Arena on the XP machines in 1036.  Next comes the task of installing it on 18 more computers in the lab.  Any suggestions of what we should do with these?  Simple LAN party, tournament, etc?
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Jason Vipond

It would be nice to have a gaming party before a tournament.

Stiffler

I want to Kill, ... kill, kill, kill. *Jumps up on desk and starts shouting* Kill, kill, kill. Lan game would be kewl. We could hold a week session to figure out the best and then put them up against one another for a prize.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Ryan Lintker

You're our boy.

I guess you were referring to that song, or it was just pure coincidence.

Stiffler

Yep, Arlo Guthrie is kewl. If none of know what Ryan and I are refering to, listen to "Alice's Restraunt" by Arlo Gutrie. The listen to "Alice's Restraunt Revisited". There is a certain reference in there that's extremely coincidental.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

William Grim

Ha ha, I'll play the games, but I won't do any tournaments.  I seem to get mad at those things when people start getting cocky.

Not that I mind other people doing it though :-)
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Ryan Lintker

I'm working on making an image for the computers in 1036 to make installation easier and quicker.  Are there any free and legal mods that we might want to include in this image?  If we get a long list, we could vote for the top few.