• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Job Opening - part time technician

Started by Bryan, 2004-11-22T16:03:30-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

The OIT customer support center is currently hiring for a part time level 1 pc technician.  It's a student employment position but you get paid more than minimum wage (although not much).  It's basic desktop support for about 1,300 machines campus wide.  Apply online at the cougar job finder.  Check Cougar Job Finder for more information, they will start interviewing next week.

I've been working here for a year and am quite pleased.  While I haven't learned a lot of technical knowledge, I have learned a lot about how a job in the real world works.  Plus it's a very good resume builder, they work around your class schedule, and most of the other employees are all very cool.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Brad Nunnally

Where in the Couger Job Finder is it? I looked for it but couldn't find anything. Then again I might just be looking in the wrong place. Also, you said it is a part-time postion, but how many hours a week is that? Some employers have different ranges for this. Thanks for any additional information you have.

Brad Nunnally

"Wisdom begins in Wonder" Socrates  :nerd:
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Bryan

20 hours a week normally
40 hours a week during break
30 hours a week over the summer.
Bryan Grubaugh

Bryan

This job is still available and we're REALLY wanting to hire someone.  Call x3739 (618-650-3739) for information.
Bryan Grubaugh

Tyler

I'd apply if I get to call the FBI and fire someone when a student comes across an anonymous ftp server.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh

EvilAndrew

Do I get to play first person shooters while I wait for people who cannot understand e-mail to call?  ;-)

Bryan

I'll ask that you refrain from mentioning "nessecary work applications" such as those until the person has been hired, we don't want them knowing too much about the "requirements" of the job.

edit: in all seriouness I don't want people thinking this is a slackass job, it is a real job and has some real responsiblities.  You will learn a lot (some more than others) and you will have some fun in doing so, everyone in the office is really cool and a lot of fun to hang around with (I mean hey come on I work there right?).  However don't apply thinking it's time that you will be doing homework and playing games.  Granted there are times that games get played and you will come to truly appreciate those times...because you'll be working your ass off the rest of the time.
Bryan Grubaugh