• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Massive Layoffs at AOL

Started by Tyler, 2004-12-08T09:37:57-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

Why am I not surprised?  They have steadily been losing customers for the last several years.  I think people are finally at least starting to wise up and realize that AOL is not the internet, and that you don't need AOL to get to the Internet.  

Netzero is picking up speed because people are realizing they can pay half the price and basically do the same stuff.  I love the commercial by Netzero making fun of the AOL commercial about making the internet better.  If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

Personally, I have hated AOL for years.  There's been many times when somebody's computer won't work and they want me to fix it.  I ask if they have AOL installed, and the answer is yes.  I tell them to uninstall it and magically it works ok.

Story http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/08/001250&from=rss">here
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

What can you expect? They've been riding the computer illiterate for so long that the computer illiterate of old are starting to die off.  Hell my 10 and 11 year old cousins are asking me for help on their math homework...which my jaw drops as I realize it's base conversion.  AOL is gonna have to do something impressive to keep from being lost.

It's insane.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.